Tuesday, October 14, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: Orphan Train: A Novel by Christina Baker Kline

Orphan Train: A Novel

Read it and tell all your friends to read it!



As I read Orphan Train, I asked myself if it was a Pulitzer Prize winner. I didn't know much about the book and was reading it only because my neighborhood book club had selected it for discussion this month. But, it was so good I had to stop and look it up on the Internet to see if it was a famous book.

It didn't win the Pulitzer Prize, but I'm sure it will become a famous book because everyone who reads it will tell someone else how much they enjoyed it.


There are two stories, each told through the eyes of young orphan girls. One story takes place in Maine in 2011 and the other begins in New York City and travels to Minnesota between 1929 and 1943. The two stories bump heads throughout, but eventually come firmly together for a wonderful conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment