Tuesday, August 27, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Murdermobile by B.B. Cantwell

Let me start by saying I love bookmobiles and therefore libraries and librarians. I especially love mysteries with humor involving bookmobiles, and have not found many. So, when I heard about Murdermobile, I quickly bought a copy.
 
As a writer and student of fiction, I was disappointed in the way the story was presented. I was taught to use only one character point of view in a scene and to let the reader know when the point of view character changes. In Murdermobile, the point of view bounces from one character to another as easily as starting a new paragraph.

If that doesn't bother you, you'll find the story itself, as well as the characters and settings quite enjoyable. The authors definitely know bookmobiles, and their characters come across as real and interesting.

When I encounter a book with the point of view switching like this one, I hardly ever finish it. The only reason I continued to read this one to the end was because of the bookmobile angle. I'm glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment