Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Shared Notes and Highlights Delightful


I ran across something new to me today while reading the Amazon listing for my book, Where Love Once Lived. Way down on the screen, almost to the bottom, for the Kindle edition, there was a section headed: Shared Notes and Highlights. It consists of notes and highlights entered by readers. I've noticed this on some books when I've read them, but this is the first time I had seen any for one of my books.

There were several notes from readers such as:

Awesome book.
Great book
GREAT BOOK

Another reader had highlighted on the Bible references at the beginning of the book: “Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, ‘This is the way; walk in it.’” —Isaiah 30:21, and added "The only way to do it..."

Another highlighted this Bible reference: “For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; but if you do not forgive others, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.” —Matthew 6:14-15.

The reader's Amazon name is included and the date, in time since the entry was made.

On the right side of the page is the Popular Highlights section. This shows the part of the book highlighted and the number of people who highlighted it. Here are some examples:

“In my seventy-eight years on this earth, I learned it’s always best to tell the truth.” He paused as if thinking that over. “Well, there’s no need to hurt people’s feelin’s, if we can help it, but we should never lie to someone or hide somethin’ from someone. Especially someone who loves you.”

“I think Cindy’s smart enough to pick the right guy. I don’ care what color he is. That’s what equality means.”

“Diversity separates the races. It highlights and emphasizes the differences. I sometimes think maybe Phil and Kay’s gen’ration has been brainwashed with all that political correctness garbage. Just follow the good Lord and love one another.”

You wouldn’t take credit for the good things he does, so why take credit for his bad choices?

“Dear God, I need You. I guess I always have, but I was too stubborn to admit it. I hope it’s not too late. Your love once lived deeply within me, and I took that love for granted. I am empty and alone with burdens I can’t handle.”

‘May you trust God that you’re exactly where you’re meant to be.’

“Dear Lord,” she said, “watch over Your servant, Brian, today and every day. Help him to feel Your calming presence and know You’re always with him. Give him hope and guide him to the place where You want him to be. Bring love back into his heart. Amen.”

“The answer to prayer could be an idea that pops into your head or a comment you hear in a crowd.”

You can also get to these notes and highlights on your Kindle or Kindle reader software. In addition, you can log into https://kindle.amazon.com/ and search for a particular books. My other book, The Vengeance Squad did not have any notes and highlights.


No comments:

Post a Comment