Saturday, June 23, 2012

BOOK REVIEW: Common English Bible with Apocrypha


I bought a Kindle when it first came out and I'm on my third one now. The first book I bought for my Kindle was a Bible. I remember at the time I ordered it how nice it would be to have a digital edition of the Bible, one that would allow me to search and quickly find readings to follow along with my pastor. But, as it turned out, I couldn't use it. Why? Because it was organized like a book, not a Bible. It worked fine for those who read books from start to end. We don't normally read Bibles that way. I looked around for another, but finally gave up. Soon after, I found a Bible app that worked fine on my smart phone.

Recently, my church introduced its members to the Common English Bible and my Sunday School class began to use it, too. I took a chance and checked for a Kindle edition. I was pleased to see that this one contains easy-to-use navigation. The table of contents allows you to link to any book. At the beginning of each book, there is a link to each chapter in the book. With the Apocrypha, the table of contents is pretty long, but it is fairly easy to navigate. You can also use the next chapter and previous chapter toggle when needed. Overall, I'm quite pleased with this Kindle edition of the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment