Thursday, September 9, 2010

BOOK REVIEW: Breach of Trust by DiAnn Mills

Paige Rogers, the librarian in a small Oklahoma town, is a lovable character before and after we learn she is really Mikaela Olsson, a former CIA operative the world thought had been killed in the line of duty.

Daniel Keary, the person responsible for her early retirement, is about to become the governor of the state with ambitions for higher office. When Paige sets out to stop him, she is reinstated as a CIA operative and she reluctantly accepts the help of the local high school coach, Miles Laird. But it is near impossible to stop Keary.

It is a suspenseful story that grabbed my interest from the beginning. There is a bit of romance in it, but it is not the main part. The intriguing part for me was how Paige justified her job with the CIA with her Christianity. It wasn't easy. We learn she didn't become a Christian until after she had been in the CIA.

Miles lived a Christian life, too. However, the Christianity message is subtle. I watched for it because of my interest in Christian fiction. Most readers wouldn't notice.

The plot itself was fresh and there are surprises I don't want to mention. I know you'll find them all intriguing and entertaining. You'll also love the characters. The characters came alive for me. It was one of those books where you get to know them so well you want to walk with them a little longer. I found it difficult to put the book down, especially near the end.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading suspenseful stories and this book sounds very interesting. Thanks for the review. One of my high school friends became a CIA agent so another reason this grabbed my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should like this book, then. Thanks for checking in.

    ReplyDelete