Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Finding God's Love -- Part 2 of 5

He sat in his car gazing at the church. The midday sun reflected
off two sides of the metal cross that rose up over the roof of the
building. He’d loved that cross because it appeared to be strong
enough to withstand anything. He stared at the cross for several
minutes before bowing to pray for the first time in years.

“Dear God, I need You. I guess I always have, but I was too stubborn
to admit it. I hope it’s not too late. Your love once lived deeply
within me, and I took that love for granted. I am empty and alone
with burdens I can’t handle.” He thought about all the people he
wanted to pray for. “My father needs my strength, Lord, and Your
guidance. Let him use me. My mother needs Your loving care. I’ve
failed with Karen, and I’ve lost my mother. I love them both, Lord.
Please help me.”

As he rested his head on the steering wheel, holding on
with both hands, the emptiness he’d felt for so long turned to
warmth.

“Yes. Help me, God,” he whispered.

He wasn’t aware of when it happened, but he suddenly realized
his body had relaxed.

2 comments:

  1. E-Mail from Peg:

    Good passage - always liked it. Peg

    ReplyDelete
  2. E-Mail from Betty:

    this is going to be a best seller for sure..

    ReplyDelete