Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Book Signing Date Set

 I have to admit I'm a little excited about having my first book signing on the calendar. Hill Country Bookstore in Georgetown has these book signings for authors every Saturday, sometimes several at a time. They let me pick a date, so I selected September 25 to make sure everything is prepared and we have time to publicize the event.

I'm scheduled for 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. alone, but that doesn't mean another author won't be added at the same time. It's a small store, so I don't think they will have more than two at a time. The manager said sometimes the authors set up outside on the sidewalk, but it's been so hot, that might not be an option.

She also said the author that follows me is doing a lot of advertising and will have a violinist playing during the signing. This made me wish I had a gimmick of some kind. Wouldn't it be nice to have a real bookmobile to park out front? That'd been too expensive. Any other ideas?

So, all you people within driving distance, put it on your schedule. I need all the support I can get. And tell your friends.

BookPeople, in Austin, has a consignment program that includes a book signing event with three other local authors. I'll let you know when that is scheduled.

I'd also like to schedule something with a Christian bookstore, but I haven't researched that area yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment