Monday, June 14, 2010

BOOK REVIEW: God's Gift by Dee Henderson

God's Gift (Steeple Hill Women's Fiction #19)Here is another Christian fiction I think you will like. God's Gift by Dee Henderson. When I bought it, I thought it was her latest book. I think because Amazon sent me an email saying it was new. Now, I'm wondering if the ad said it was now available on the Kindle. Doesn't matter. I still enjoyed it. At the end of the book, I learned it was her second book and came out in 1998.

Due to an unknown illnes, thirty-five year old James Graham is sent home from Zaire after six years working in missionary construction. His plan is to get well and go back to work a few more years before returning to Chicago and work with his partner Kevin building and remodeling homes.

James' mother introduces him to Rae Ashcroft who is grieving the loss of Leo, the man she may have married if he had lived. Leo, who had been her partner in an investment company, died in an automobile accident eighteen months ago.

She introduces James to her lawyer friends Dave and Lace who end up dating each other eventually. The foursome has some nice times together.

Rae works many hours a week and is also researching and writing a book so she doesn't have much time to socialize. Also, she has a fear of getting too close to another man after what happened with Leo. James wants to get back to Africa as soon as he can and is not interested in a serious relationship.

However, God has other plans for these two. Perhaps that is the meaning of the title, God's Gift. It is difficult to tell more without giving away the story. It is a romance rather than a thriller Dee Henderson is known for, but still, the story takes some interesting turns and twists that fooled me.

I have read other Dee Henderson books and enjoyed them all. This one is no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment