Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cover Sketch Approved

I received the second sketch for the cover of Where Love Once Lived and approved it. It has all the elements I asked for and I think it will be eye catching when done. It has the bookmobile and school children from the first design, but now it doesn't look like a children's book. The designer said she thought it best not to add the church she had in the first sketch because it might interfere with the title. I like the cross in the clouds. Nice effect.

The next step is for the CreateSpace cover designer to prepare a black and white illustration. When approved by me, a full color illustration will be prepared. Finally, two cover concepts will be made for me to choose from. At each point along the way, I get one free redo. If more are needed, there is a charge of $100 per hour.

It is a slow process, but it is rewarding to be involved in all the parts of the book production.

Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment