Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's Time to Plan for Writers' Conferences

Last week I made reservations to go to the 2010 Writers' League of Texas Agents Conference being held June 25-27 at the Hyatt Regency in Austin, Texas. Where Love Once Lived, the book I'm publishing through CreateSpace, won first place in the Writers' League of Texas contest for the Romance Category in 2007. The prize was a free pitch session with an agent or editor, but I didn't attend that year because I was traveling. This year I didn't enter the contest, but I'm going to attend some of the workshops and pitch another book called Vengeance is Mine.

The schedule for breakout sessions won't be available until next month, but based on previous years, I'm sure I can find some useful sessions to attend to help market Where Love Once Lived.

I've attended a number of conferences over the years and highly recommend them. I'd love to hear from you about conferences you recommend.

For more information about the one I'm going to, check http://www.writersleague.org/events/10-conf.htm.

No comments:

Post a Comment